(Havre Herald) A total of $320,000 is headed toward 28 Native-American owned businesses in Montana.
The Montana Commerce Department is administering the money through the Indian Equity Fund Small Business Grant program.
“The entrepreneurial spirit is strong in Indian Country,” said Jenny Pelej, division administrator for the Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development at Commerce. “As Native American small business owners look toward growth, Commerce is here to help them take the next step.
People from Hi-Line area tribes set to receive money include;
Chippewa Cree Tribe:
- Boxcars in Havre will receive $5,000 for flooring.
- Box City Ice Cream in Box Elder will receive $6,000 for equipment and inventory.
- LaSalle Cattle Company in Havre will receive $10,000 for a loader.
- Log Creeations in Box Elder will receive $14,000 for a skidder.
- My Paisley Pals in Havre will receive $14,000 for a sublimation machine.
- Rockin Ridge Construction in Box Elder will receive $12,000 for a trailer and accessories.
Fort Belknap Assiniboine and Gros Ventre Tribes:
- Buckman Automotive Auto Body Paint in Polson will receive $8,000 for an automotive paint booth.
- J & M Trucking, LLC in Hays will receive $14,000 for tires.
- North Prairie LLC in Harlem will receive $4,000 for a computer and equipment.
- Sage n Spur in Harlem will receive $14,000 for commercial space remodeling.r.
Little Shell Chippewa Tribe:
- AJ’s Wood & Steel LLC in Havre will receive $14,000 for a welder, equipment, supplies and insurance.
- Dragon Well Acupuncture in Floweree will receive $14,000 for a fusion chair, remodeling and advertising.
- Jordan Baldwin’s Flooring Installation in Butte will receive $12,000 fCor equipment and inventory.